Planning Council/August 01 2012
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, August 01, 2012, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial in:|| NOTE CHANGE: First meeting to use Asterisk service:
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Welcome Ian Bull as new Rt PMC representative
- Change in strategic membership and hence PC representatives: Motorola and Cloudsmith no longer strategic members. Talend is.
- any thoughts on "non greedy" publishers? (Where did we go wrong?! :) More seriously, Jetty and ECF have made recent changes to be "non-greedy" which I think is good but might cause some churn. dw to send out note to cross-project list this afternoon.
- On the topic of "non participating project dependencies"
- We have discussed and decided this recently: See Planning_Council/March_07_2012#What_to_do_about_Papyrus_.28and_non_released_XWT_dependency.29 and bug 370974. The conclusion was:
A project can not be in the Sim. Release, or Released at all, if they include things that are unreleased from other projects (and this is true of any release, not just Sim. Release).
A project can include releases from other Eclipse projects, even if that other project is itself not part of the Simultaneous Release. This still requires the "other project's release" meets all the requirements for Release and Sim. Release ... signed jars, about.html file, etc. This is conceptually just like including a third party package from Orbit ... the original authors do not "participate" in the Release, but the bundles meet all the release requirements.
dw to send note clarifying policy. For future reference: here is the FAQ about our policies: See SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_FAQ#Policy_FAQs
Start annual debrief
Feel free to add things to the page before the meeting, if that would facilitate dicussion. We will finish in September if needed.
Be sure to read last years: Planning_Council/Indi_retrospective
- September 5, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
- Conclude (if needed) our yearly "debrief" on what went well, what could be better.
- Plan for Kepler