Planet Eclipse is a window into the world, work and lives of Eclipse hackers and contributors.
Generally, administration is done on a volunteer basis by the Planet Eclipse Admins. All requests, such as adding a feed, updating a feed, adding an image or removing a feed should be handled through Bugzilla.
There is no official policy, however, we (the admins) generally ask ourselves the following questions before adding a feed to Planet Eclipse.
- Is the feed written by a real person?
- Is the person an Eclipse committer, hacker or contributor?
- Is the ratio of off-topic postings not too high?
- Are the off-topic postings covered by the Planet Eclipse tag line?
- Does the feed promote a company or a commercial product?
- Does the feed add more value to Planet Eclipse and the Eclipse community than it does for the feed owner?
- Is there more than just a welcome posting?
- Does the feed contain advertisements?