Phoenix Team Call 2008-09-10
Revision as of 14:02, 10 September 2008 by Denis.roy.eclipse-foundation.org
Back to Phoenix Team Calls
2008-09-10 at 1:00pm ET
Ottawa 613 287 8000 International 866 362 7064 P/C 955770#
- New home page design + sub pages
- Local development (databases)
Attendees: Wayne, Nathan, Matt, Karl, Ian S., Ian B, Karl, Denis
- Nathan is working with James re: new home page and new landing pages. He will show prototypes shortly.
- We agreed to create www.eclipse.org/users, and for now, link community <-> users
- We agreed to change the Community tab to Users -- not add another tab
- Denis to confirm with Don what he'd like for the Membership landing page
- We discussed the dev environment/database work
- Wayne and Nathan suggested using real data as sample data where applicable
- Everyone to test this as soon as it's deployed to phoenix.eclipse.org
- We discussed briefly the status of Phoenix as a project
- Phoenix has achieved its goals years ago, and appears inactive to the untrained eye
- As a project, Phoenix does not follow the Eclipse dev process (no plan, no releases, etc)
- We discussed closing/archiving Phoenix (the project); however, website development would continue in an open and transparent fashion
- Still need to consider the EPIC and Planet components.
- If Phoenix ceases to exist as a project, how do Gunnar, Chris and Ian continue to be the Planet admins?