Difference between revisions of "Papyrus/SummitEclipseConEurope2014"
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
* topic 3
* topic 3
Revision as of 11:20, 3 June 2014
Papyrus and Modeling Technologies Developer Summit at EclipseCon Europe 2014
Join us for a full day Developer Summit and Dinner at EclipseCon Europe 2014 in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
It will be held Tuesday October 28, 2014 and is open to all committers, contributors and interested parties that are registered for EclipseCon. Register here.
Developer summits are helping to accelerate the work inside specific Eclipse projects, it is the place to be for design discussions, addressing scalability, resolving complex technical issues, etc. in other words, real developer work! The list of focused projects for this year are:
- Eclipse Git Team Provider
- EMF Compare, Eclipse Platform Compare Framework
- GMF Tooling, GMF Runtime
- EMF Validation
To help structure the summit, please:
- add your name to the attendees section below
- add agenda items you would like to see discussed
The below agenda may evolve as proposed topics are added and attendees sign-up.
- Welcome and agenda adjustment
- topic 1
- topic 2
- topic 3
- Lunch provided by EclipseCon
- EGit for model based collaboration (Mikael Barbero).
- Why "logical model" support is so important?
- What are the needs of the modeling community regarding EGit?
- Issues around command line merge / mergetool with logical model support ?
- EMF Compare (Mikael Barbero).
- How did we addressed the computation of the scope of a comparison? What are the limitations? What are the possible directions to provide generic model index support to the workspace?
- Usability. Current state (merge consequences highlighting, merge preview, UI responsiveness). Discussion about conflict resolving strategies, feedback to the user etc.
- topic 3
- Summit dinner free of charge for 35 people at the ? restaurant (Ralph to provide the restaurant name and direction) 10 min walk from the conference center.
- Great food, beer, wine and good company!
- Dominique Toupin - Ericsson
- EGit for modeling, modeling peer review, tracing/debugging at the model level, modeling runtime, CDT Integration, etc.
- Mikael Barbero - Obeo
- EMF Compare, EGit for modeling, modeling peer review