Open Task list
- list of open Paho bugs
- Binary releases of C and Java clients for download
- LuaRock release of Lua client for download
- Tutorials for C and Java clients
- How to build and use C client on iOS
- Test suite
- Protocol compliance suite for reference implementations
- Raise MQTT Lua client to the same functional level as the C and Java client
- Update MQTT specification with mqtt.org / mailing list clarifications
- Some idea of potential code additions are on the page discussing the Repository structure.
The Paho project will target the Eclipse Kepler release (June 26th, 2013) with a 0.9 release under Incubator status, and two intermediate releases in 4Q12 and 1Q13.
0.1 Build (4Q12) "M0"
This will be a “snapshot” build of the
- Lua, C, and Java MQTT clients,
- Eclipse client view,
- Any additional example code.
The 0.1 release will be as an “update site” with the primary goal to learn and exercise the Eclipse Build/Release process and tools including Tycho
0.x Release (1Q13) "M1"
- Line items (common to all clients)
- Consistent samples/examples for all language clients
- Consistent documentation
- C client line items
- Eclipse client view line items
- Java client line items
- Make jar of paho client available for download (2012)
- Set Java client to build automatically and make jar and doc available.
- jar available via Mavern
- Add a non blocking API making it simpler to create applications for mobile platforms such as Android
- Rework logging trace to use best practise tools (like java.util.logging)
- Enable web applications to use MQTT from web browsers - 1st class MQTT support from a web browser !!
- Lua client line items
- Implement QoS, clean session bit, username/password, make sure message header fully implemented (send and receive), support message identifier, SUBACK messages should check QoS level, deal with outstanding SUBACK messages, review "last activity in / out" timers, check for PINGRESP, better "wait for CONACK" handling, handle failed subscriptions, better error / retry handling, review Lua best practices for socket I/O and error handling
- MQTT Protocol conformance tests
- Reference implementation test bed (wire capture?)
- Tracing tools/integration
- Mobile platform support
- Sample and Example Code (integrated in IDE where possible)
- REST APIs with end to end examples
- Basic MQTT exerciser (Eurotech)
- New examples tbs
0.9 Release (2Q13)
- M2M Package
- align with Koneki and Mihini
- more information on the M2M EPP wiki