The initial timeline was presented at the first M2M Industry Working Group face-to-face meeting. The slides are here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/d/d4/PahoTimeLine2012.zip
4Q11 Project Provisioning (done)
1Q12 MQTT initial contribution; Client Architecture for Sandbox (done)
2Q12 MQTT Documentation, Tutorials, Cookbook; MQTT over WebSockets
3Q12 Basic end-to-end Sandbox Stack
4Q12 MQTT Client Release 1; Additional Languages and Bindings; Application Frameworks and Eclipse Plugins
???? Join Kepler release train in 2013?
Plans and needs
Some idea of [[Paho/Repository#Future_needs|potential code additions] are on the page discussing the Repository structure.
Creation of a project plan in the standard Eclipse format is TODO.
- Binary releases of C and Java clients for download
- Tutorials for C and Java clients
- how to build and use C client on iOS
- test suite
- protocol compliance suite for reference implementations
- update MQTT specification with mqtt.org / mailing list clarifications