PTP User-Developer Workshop, Chicago, September 18-20, 2012
- Agenda for Wed Sept 19 has changed: see new URL at
Original Agenda as PDF: PTP User-Developer Workshop Agenda
- Notes and presentations are attached below.
We are webcasting through readytalk.
- Step 1: Dial-In. U.S. & Canada: (866) 740-1260. Access Code: 2444696
- Step 2: Web Login. Browse to http://www.readytalk.com, and enter Access Code 2444696.
Please note: Our conference software relys on Adobe Flash to display the web content. Please test your computer (at http://test.readytalk.com) for compatibility prior to the meeting. Please also note that some distributions of linux (Fedora Core 12, for instance) may not have Flash enabled by default, if so, please follow these steps to enable Flash on your system.
Notes and presentations are attached below.
User Workshop, Tuesday Sept 18
- Welcome and Introductions - Jay Alameda, NCSA
- Overcoming issues using PTP with very large projects - Greg Watson, IBM
- Large synch'ed project with multiple remote build systems - Brian Watt, IBM
- Tips for using synchronized projects and how to avoid common pitfalls - Roland Schulz, ORNL
- Environment Management and Managing Multiple Machine Builds - Jay Alameda, NCSA
- PTP Debugger Troubleshooting - Greg Watson, IBM
- User requirements: Improvements or new features that would make PTP an indispensable tool for you- (discussion led by) Beth Tibbitts, IBM
Wednesday Sept 19
- Introduction, overview - Jay Alameda, NCSA; Beth Tibbitts, IBM
- Monitoring system basics, and adding support for a new batch system - Carsten Karbach and Wolfgang Frings, Jülich Supercomputing Centre (presenting remotely)
- Adding support for a new JAXB resource manager - Gregory Watson, IBM
- Adding on to Photran: Introduction to Photran internals; Adding new refactorings using the Fortran refactoring framework; Adding support for Fortran error parsers and compilers - Ralph Johnson, University of Illinois at Urbana, Champaign
- Synchronized projects: Internals and operation/Adding support for new synchronization providers - John Eblen, ORNL
- Synchronized Project Filtering, Environment Management, and Multi‐Machine Builds - Jay Alameda, NCSA
Thursday Sept 20
- Using Eclipse CDT/PTP for static analysis - Beth Tibbitts, IBM
- Eclipse CDT refactoring overview and internals - Michael Rüegg (presenting remotely)
- [CANCELED] Adding OpenCL support to Eclipse - Vincent Hindriksen, StreamComputing (presenting remotely)
- Integrating an external tool with ETFw - Wyatt Spear, University of Oregon
- ETFw and adding a Simple Custom GUI Control - Brian Watt, IBM
- Merging ETFw and JAXB - Chris Navarro, NCSA
- Outstanding PTP bugs - Greg Watson, IBM
- Funding opportunities - Jay Alameda, NCSA