Refer to Synchronized Projects User Guide for basic information.
The July 2011 PTP user meeting user-call recording includes a live demonstration of how to setup and configure a synchronized project. (Note: convert to full-screen viewing via the green square in the lower right corner of the screen to be able to read the contents of the demo screens.)
- The "Build directory" in (Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build) does not show the correct build location for remote configurations. Builds should still run in the proper location, though, if set correctly in (Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Synchronize).
- There is no wizard to convert existing remote projects to synchronized projects.
- After converting a local project, users should copy the new Remote configuration to create additional remote sites. Copying and altering local configurations will not work (bug #358141)
- There are some potential pitfalls when configuring projects
- On the first page of the wizard, users should not select a file system other than the default. This directory must be local. Users specify a remote location on the last page of the wizard. (bug #356208)
- Users should avoid changing configurations inside the new project wizard, as this will cause errors. Instead, add and change configurations after project creation.
- The Workspace configuration only appears after the project is created.
- The tool chain selected during creation is used for both the local machine and remote machine. Users need to adjust this after project creation.
- For remote configurations, only the "Sync Builder" works, although other options are available (Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Tool Chain Editor). The "Sync Builder" is set as the default.
- Attempting to change multiple configurations does not work correctly.
I want to use CVS (or another version control system) together with synchronization. How do I setup a synchronized project and download my files from CVS?
- Create an empty Synchronized project
- Right-click on the project: 'Team' -> 'Share Project'
- Configure the repository
- Do not launch the Commit wizard (last page of wizard)
- Right-click on the project: 'Team' -> 'Update' to download all files. The files will automatically be synchronized to the remote host.
- Add sync context menu bug 345673.
- Add wizard to convert local C/C++ or Fortran projects to synchronized projects bug 356813.
- Support files with odd characters bug 354893, with the exception of newline characters bug 355270.
- Add ability to turn off error messages bug 355526.
- Fix bug 356633: Failure to add files to repository if a .gitignore file is present.
- Use separate Git directory (.ptp-sync instead of .git) for sync'ing so that it does not interfere with user's Git repository.
- Sync empty directories.
- Prevent users from modifying the synchronization properties of the Workspace configuration.
- Fix bug 349372: Build fails if empty environment variables are present.
- Support managed project types.
- Add Fortran synchronization wizard.
- Do not sync if only a file's markers have changed (prevents sync'ing during file editing if code analysis is turned on).