Refer to Synchronized Projects User Guide for basic information.
The July 2011 PTP user meeting user-call recording includes a live demonstration of how to setup and configure a synchronized project. (Note: convert to full-screen viewing via the green square in the lower right corner of the screen to be able to read the contents of the demo screens.)
- There are no wizards to convert existing projects to synchronized projects. A fix is planned for version 5.0.2.
- Errors occur during synchronization if the project contains files with odd characters, such as parentheses. (Files with spaces should work fine.)
- There are some potential pitfalls when configuring projects
- Users should avoid changing configurations inside the new project wizard, as this will cause errors. Instead, add and change configurations after project creation.
- The Workspace configuration only appears after the project is created.
- The tool chain selected during creation is used for both the local machine and remote machine. Users need to adjust this after project creation.
- For remote configurations, only the "Sync Builder" works, although other options are available (Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Tool Chain Editor). The "Sync Builder" is set as the default.
- Attempting to change multiple configurations does not work correctly.
I want to use CVS (or another version control system) together with synchronization. How do I setup a synchronized project and download my files from CVS?
- Create an empty Synchronized project
- Right-click on the project: 'Team' -> 'Share Project'
- Configure the repository
- Do not launch the Commit wizard (last page of wizard)
- Right-click on the project: 'Team' -> 'Update' to download all files. The files will automatically be synchronized to the remote host.
- Use separate Git directory (.ptp-sync instead of .git) for sync'ing so that it does not interfere with user's Git repository.
- Sync empty directories
- Prevent users from modifying the synchronization properties of the Workspace configuration
- Fix bug 349372: Build fails if empty environment variables are present
- Support managed project types
- Add Fortran synchronization wizard
- Do not sync if only a file's markers have changed (prevents sync'ing during file editing if code analysis is turned on).