Revision as of 09:15, 15 May 2013 by Tibbitts.us.ibm.com (→Things to do for big releases e.g. SR0, SR1, SR2)
Reminders for announcing a PTP release.
For information about building a release, see Release Engineering
Things to do
- Update web page http://eclipse.org/ptp
- clone Git repo for web page.
- On index.php , As top bullet under "What's New" add announcement info
- On downloads.php update release numbers, installation instructions, and links to proxy etc downloads. (Note that the instructions vary slightly depending on if the current version is included in the EPP package or not.
- Enable PTP-specific update site with content (possibly moving most, but not all content prior to release day, so mirrors can populate)
- This is located at: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/juno
- Copy ptp-master-xxx.zip there, Unpack ptp-master-xxx.zip there, and move proxy file there as well.
- Copy as well to downloads/tools/ptp/builds - make a new e.g. 6.0.x directory, and copy everything there; this is our archive for the release
- Add a link on the build wiki page PTP/builds for the release and point to the archive page (previous bullet) - for 6.0.x this is under Release Builds
- Email to mailing lists: ptp-dev, ptp-user, ptp-announce, photran
- Wiki: update builds page to include the release date and (possibly) make a new builds page for the next release
- Pointer to content in ptp help (doc.user and help) plugins
Things to do for big releases e.g. SR0, SR1, SR2
- Update release number in all help plugins (html content refers to this in some places) if they refer to it
- On doc.php - documentation page add links to appropriate info
- Update PTP help jars for help.eclipse.org
- Copy all the ptp project help jars to one convenient place - for indigo it was /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/help and help/sr1
- add to the bugzilla bug asking they be copied to eclipse help servers. For Juno this is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=379598
- Update New & Noteworthy on wiki
- Review Release Notes - clone for a new major release
- PTP Wiki FAQ, etc probably need updating with info about "latest" release etc.
- Test updating e.g. just what's included in EPP Parallel Package
- Update PTP/Committers_and_Contributors page on each major release (June)