Reminders for announcing a PTP release.
For information about building a release, see Release Engineering
Things to do
- Update web page http://eclipse.org/ptp
- clone Git repo for web page.
- On index.php , As top bullet under "What's New" add announcement info
- On downloads.php update release numbers, installation instructions, and links to proxy etc downloads.
- Enable PTP-specific update site with content (possibly moving most, but not all content prior to release day, so mirrors can populate)
- This is located at: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/juno
- Copy ptp-master-xxx.zip there, Unpack ptp-master-xxx.zip there, and move proxy file there as well.
- Copy as well to downloads/tools/ptp/builds - make a new e.g. 6.0.x directory, and copy everything there; this is our archive for the release
- Add a link on the build wiki page PTP/builds for the release and point to the archive page (previous bullet) - for 6.0.x this is under Release Builds
- Email to mailing lists: ptp-dev, ptp-user, ptp-announce, photran
- Wiki: update builds page to include the release date and (possibly) make a new builds page for the next release
- Pointer to content in ptp help (doc.user and help) plugins
Things to do for big releases e.g. SR0, SR1, SR2
- Update release number in all help plugins (html content refers to this in some places) if they refer to it
- On doc.php - documentation page add links to appropriate info
- Update PTP help jars for help.eclipse.org
- Copy all the ptp project help jars to one convenient place - for indigo it was /home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/help and help/sr1
- add to the bugzilla bug asking they be copied to eclipse help servers. For Juno this is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=379598
- Update New & Noteworthy on wiki
- Review Release Notes
- PTP Wiki FAQ, etc probably need updating with info about "latest" release etc.
- Test updating e.g. just what's included in EPP Parallel Package
- Update PTP/Committers_and_Contributors page on each major release (June)