PTP/new and noteworthy/9.0.0
The following are new features that are available in PTP 9.0, Photran 9.1, and Remote 2.0. (see bottom of page for even more recent info)
The Eclipse package all-in-one download "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" is updated with the latest Mars release contents of most interest to our users. You can download it at http://eclipse.org/downloads
The Terminal View has been ported to use the new TM Terminal 4.0. This will provide better integration and long term support for accessing remote systems.
Synchronized Project Wizard
The new project wizard has been enhanced so that the remote directory will not be reset if it has already been entered. This improves the project creation workflow.
Synchronized Project Error Messages
If the remote repository is locked for some reason, an error message will be displayed indicating how the problem can be solved.
Remote connection information is now shown in a view in addition to the Remote Connections preference page. This allows connections to be manipulated without requiring a model dialog.
Remote Console Support
Photran 8.2 (included in PTP 8.0) is primarily a maintenance release. See below for bugs fixed in this release.
- The C/C++ Development Tools that are included with the "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" have also been updated for Eclipse Luna. See their newest features on their New and Noteworthy for 8.4 page.
- CDT 8.3 improvements to multi-process debugging, implemented to help multi-core debugging ... if these show up for PTP debugging, advertise here
Bug Fixes and Internal Enhancements
- java.util.ConcurrentModificationException closing remote connection in Remote Connections preferences
- IO Exception 'Server connection does not support the required services' launching OpenMPI app
- Synchronized project with 'Local' as remote system connection name is not populated
- Unable to open terminal using "Show Terminal" menu
- Update PTP to use new remote API
- Update PTP to use remote connection type filtering
- ".ptprc.sh: cannot open" message when using Terminal
- Remote Tools has been removed
- Support for GIG has been removed
- org.eclipse.rephraser.* plugins have been removed
- RSE support has been removed