PTP/new and noteworthy/8.0.0
The following are new features that are planned to be available in PTP 8.0 and Photran 8.2, released with
Eclipse Luna (4.4) on June 27, 2014.
This page can be considered to be under construction until that time.
- 1 Parallel Package changes
- 2 Core Features
- 3 External Tools Framework (ETFw)
- 4 Remote Development Tools (RDT)
- 5 Fortran (Photran)
- 6 Help/docs
- 7 Features removed
Parallel Package changes
The Eclipse package all-in-one download "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" is updated with the latest Luna release contents of most interest to our users. You can download it at http://eclipse.org/downloads
Target system configurations
- Server Caching mechanism - the server scripts in the remote .eclipsesettings directories can be installed as a daemon (e.g. via crontab). Users can decide whether to use the status data retrieved from that daemon or via the old workflow, where each client triggers the server scripts separately. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427386 for implementation status.
- Configuration for system monitoring - a configuration page for the system monitoring allows to define the default update behaviour and the update interval of the monitoring connections.
Implemented support for debugging MPICH applications in SDM
External Tools Framework (ETFw)
Uses Feedback view to map findings of Perfsuite analysis to source code lines in the editor.
Remote Development Tools (RDT)
- Sync and config options on icons in toolbar
New Remote Services Provider
- New Remote Services provider: Build-in SSH
- Connection information is edited via preferences (instead of the Remote Environments view)
- The C/C++ Development Tools that are included with the "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers" have also been updated for Eclipse Luna. See their newest features on their New and Noteworthy for 8.4 page.
- CDT 8.3 improvements to multi-process debugging, implemented to help multi-core debugging ... if these show up for PTP debugging, advertise here
Photran 8.2 (included in PTP 8.0) is primarily a maintenance release. See below for bugs fixed in this release.