PTP/new and noteworthy/3.0.0
The following is a list of the new and noteworthy changes in PTP 3.0.
- 1 External Tools Framework
- 2 Parallel Language Development Tools
- 3 Photran
- 4 Remote Development Tools
- 5 Resource Managers
- 6 Service Configurations
External Tools Framework
Performance Tools Framework Name Changed
The Performance Tools Framework has now been renamed to the External Tools Framework (ETFw). All the associated plugins have been renamed to reflect the new naming.
External Tools Feedback View
Takes an XML file, presumably generated by an external tool (ETFw supported, or a compiler, or another performance tool, etc. etc. ) and produces an eclipse view with items mapped to source code lines.
Extension Point Additions
Parallel Language Development Tools
- Bug fixes for MPI and OpenMP tools. (Beth)
- Hope to have new UPC project wizard as well.
Remote Development Tools
- Bug fixes/improvements
Support for SLURM
A new resource manager supporting the SLURM resource management system is now available.
Preliminary Support for PBM
A new resource manager for PBS has been included in the release. Currently this resource manager is a
- Support for PBS
- MPICH2 now uses the same RM infrastructure as Open MPI
- RM's can now supply their own UI elements
- RM's use service model for configuration information
- New service configuration preferences page
- New service configuration project properties page
- Service configuration view
- Service model events
- Import/export service configurations