PTP/new and noteworthy/3.0.0
< PTP | new and noteworthy
Revision as of 21:04, 3 December 2009 by G.watson.computer.org (New page: The following is a list of the new and noteworthy changes in PTP 3.0. == External Tools Framework == * External Tools Feedback view - takes an XML file, presumably generated by an externa...)
The following is a list of the new and noteworthy changes in PTP 3.0.
External Tools Framework
- External Tools Feedback view - takes an XML file, presumably generated by an external tool (ETFw supported, or a compiler, or another performance tool, etc. etc. ) and produces an eclipse view with items mapped to source code lines. (Beth Tibbitts)
- The parallel debugger contains a number of bug fixes and API enhancements.
Parallel Language Development Tools
- Bug fixes for MPI and OpenMP tools. (Beth)
- Hope to have new UPC project wizard as well.
Remote Development Tools
- Bug fixes/improvements
- Support for SLURM
- Support for PBS
- MPICH2 now uses the same RM infrastructure as Open MPI
- RM's can now supply their own UI elements
- RM's use service model for configuration information
- New service configuration preferences page
- New service configuration project properties page
- Service configuration view
- Service model events
- Import/export service configurations