PTP/meetings/scalability/20120419

From Eclipsepedia

< PTP‎ | meetings
Revision as of 08:34, 23 April 2012 by G.watson.computer.org (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

April 19, 2012 Scalability Meeting

Date: April 19, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM EST

Call in information:

Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0808-234-5071
Passcode: 2221402

Attendees

  • Greg Watson, IBM
  • Dave Wootton, IBM
  • Wolfgang Frings, Juelich
  • Carsten Karbach, Juelich
  • Claudia Knobloch, Juelich
  • Jay Alameda, NCSA
  • Chris Navarro, NCSA
  • Jeff Overbey, NCSA

Minutes

  1. Actions from last meeting
    • Greg to add update action to framework
    • Greg and Jay met to discuss funding issues
  2. Status Reports
    • Juelich
      • Found solution to columns problem, turned off autosizing
      • Still haven't resolved squeezing of rows. Greg to look at the code that Claudia sent
      • Having problems with git, Greg to send URL for EGit update site
      • Working on filtering, need some way to specify filtering preferences, Claudia to provide list of what needs to be specified
      • Created bug with patch for usage bars
    • IBM
      • Still working on RM changes. Hope to have something ready by end of April.
      • Nominated Carsten for committer
      • Consolidating PE RM definitions into single configuration
    • NCSA
      • Fixed some interactions with remote API
      • Christoph trying out environment management, having problems with project properties
      • Jay has noticed that it is easy to screw up build configuration, need to isolate cause and open a bug
      • Would like to have username optional in Remote Tools to better support GSSAPI
      • Will removal of resource manager affect debugger? no
      • Meeting scheduled on Friday to talk about future work
      • Jay, Greg, Wolfgang to talk about funding
  3. Actions Arising
    • Greg to look at squeezing rows code
    • Greg to send URL to Claudia
    • Greg to coordinate funding planning with Jay and Wolfgang
  4. Meeting adjourned; Next meeting April 26 @ 10am ET, to be announced on ptp-scaling list.