Jump to: navigation, search

PTP/meetings/May 2006

< PTP‎ | meetings
Revision as of 17:51, 9 May 2006 by Lit.in.tum.de (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

May 2006 Meeting

Date: May 09, 2006 Time: 1:00 PM EST

Call in information:

Toll Free: 1 866 807-2880
Local: (505) 606-1028

Agenda

  1. PTP status
    • New committer
    • Eclipse 3.2/CDT 3.1 timeline
    • Release planning
  2. Project Reports
    • PLDT update
    • TAU update
    • Resource manager support update
    • Remote services update
  3. User community
  4. Web site
  5. Other business
  6. Next meeting

Meeting Notes

Date: May 09, 2006
Time: 1:00 PM EST

Attendees

  • Beth Tibbitts, IBM
  • Evelyn Duesterwald, IBM
  • Doug Schaefer, QNX
  • Wyatt Spear, University of Oregon
  • Tianchao Li, TUM
  • Greg Watson, LANL
  • Craig Rasmussen, LANL
  • Nathan DeBardeleben, LANL

Action: Greg to check international access to dial-in numbers

PTP status

  • New committer: Randy has now been officially give committer status
  • Eclipse 3.2/ CDT 3.1: HEAD of CVS will require this configuration from now. Next release of PTP will also require Java 5.0.
  • Callisto update: Doug said that CDT is on track for June 30 release
  • Release Planning: Wiki pages are now available, please add your own projects to the release plan

Project Reports

  • PLDT: Beth is converting PLDT to CDT 3.1; Future plans include Fortran extensions; integration with XL compilers; wizards and templates; help system
  • Light weight version of Eclipse: IBM also hoping to provide this for new Parallel programmers: remove unused functionality (e.g. JDT); cheat sheets; wizards; simplify interface, esp. for new users. Also, a single download of Eclipse+CDT+PTP may help new users get started.
  • TAU: (Wyatt) submitted as bug, waiting for review
  • Resource Manager: Randy has finished preliminary design, posted to wiki for comments. Initial implementation will be committed to CVS soon.
  • Remote services (Tianchao): Analysis of remote services on wiki for comments. Tianchao has done preliminary implementation of remote filesystem. Looking at CDT to see what is required to support remote filesystem/remote build.
  • Core services (Nathan): cleaning up external server, better error handling and signal catching
  • Photran (Craig): better integration with CDT; evangelising with local community

User Community

  • Little/no traffic on newsgroup
  • Need to proactively promote PTP to organizations
  • MPICH implementation needed
  • Oregon will see if there are any users who would be interested
  • Computer center at Munich may be interested

Web Site

The PTP web site needs to be updated to Phoenix.

Action: Beth to report back at next meeting

Other business

Next meeting

The next meeting will be held on June 13, 2006