February 2015 Meeting
Date: February 10, 2015 Time: 1:00 PM EDT
Call in information:
Toll Free (US): 888-426-6840
Toll Free (Germany): 0800-000-1018
Toll Free (UK): 0800-368-0638
- Overall project, releases, etc.
- Luna SR2 is Friday Feb 27 (we are +2 build = Tuesdays)
- PTP Release - 8.1.1 (Photran 9.0.1)
- RC3 Tues Feb 10
- RC4 Tues Feb 17
- Release Friday Feb 27
- Mars (June 2015) Eclipse release - dates (we are +3 build = Wednesdays)
- PTP Release - 9.0?
- M6 Friday, March 27 03/20 to 03/27 7 7 (from M5) (extra week for EclipseCon)
- M7 Friday, May 08 05/01 to 05/08 6 6 (from M6)
- RC1 Friday, May 22 05/15 to 05/22 2 2 (from M7)
- RC2 Friday, May 29 05/22 to 05/29 1 1 (from RC1)
- RC3 Friday, June 05 05/29 to 06/05 1 1 (from RC2)
- RC4 Friday, June 12 06/05 to 06/12 1 1 (from RC3)
- Release Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- Luna SR2 is Friday Feb 27 (we are +2 build = Tuesdays)
- Mars release
- PTP release number - 9.0?
- PTP: Outline major changes for doc update planning
- Added to packages:
- Luna and Mars testing -
- Testing of downloading Parallel package to test
- Testing of installation and update
- Remote support discussion
- Doug is proposing to use the org.eclipse.remote API for a CDT launch bar, but would also like to make the API more general
- Draft API is here: https://github.com/dschaefer/org.eclipse.remote-api2
- Remote Terminal
- EclipseCon (03/9/15 to 03/12/15)
- Next Meeting TDB
Greg Watson, Dave Wootton, John Eblen, Beth Tibbitts, Jeff Overbey, Wyatt Spear, Steve Brandt, Jay Alameda
Release dates are above in the Agenda and were reviewed.
Builds - Hudson builds to to a directory named by version number.
- Builds page will be updated to reflect this.
- need to verify actual URLs, (can't login today 2/14/15 to verify...)
- e.g. tools/ptp/builds/8.1.1 and 90.0
- Directory for simultaneous release repository - tools/ptp/updates/luna, etc. (we manually copy builds to here)
- Remote stuff has been separated out from PTP, is now in /remote, should be moved to TM (Target Management project) soon
- TODO Beth: Make New & Noteworthy for Mars. Changes include:
- remove support for RSE
- remote Remote Tools
- GIG gone from src repo
- GEM - is there still anyone to test? Beth will ask Alan Humphrey
- Greg will make small changes required to make it work with new remote APIs, but can't test it.
- TODO Beth: ask Alan
- RDT removed (remote project) now only synchronized and local projects supported
- Terminal changes ptp.terminal - half moved to TM, half still in PTP
Other changes in EPP packages for Mars:
- Automated Error reporting - Greg will set up the online error log receptor. User gets popup dialog on errors and ability to 'send to Eclipse'
- Oomph installation configuration manager. Probably overkill for PTP development setup. Better to set up a target file (we haven't done this for PTP; installs all plugins needed. Did it for remote. Tedious to set up but useful.)
- TODO Beth: Ask Markus if he has made requested changes to Mars parallel package; Beth is committer (not Greg yet) but can't make a change.
Test for Luna SR1 and Mars:
- We need everyone to test, esp. their favorite features and any bugs they have fixed.
- Beth will (continue to) remind everyone on ptp-dev mailing list when builds are available.
- Doug Schaefer has designed new API.
- TM changes: Greg has moved code from PTP terminal to TM. Greg modified rest of terminal support for Steve B's GUI support
- Steve indicated some recently added code is missing from master after Greg's changes. Steve will update to put it back in.
- Greg is changing needed code in debugger, ETFw, etfw-tau, GEM, launch, sync, remote terminal, some jaxb, and monitoring code.
- New CDT launch bar - launch config gets created on the fly. But PTP launches are more complicated, we need a TSC (Target System Configuration indicating the remote system the application will run on). We should look at CDT launch bar, maybe we have use or adapt some of it? Overall goal is to make launching simpler.
- Remote changes - http://bugs.eclipse.org/458583 (lots of discussion about it is there) Gerrit change ID 41446
New remote terminal - does it use tabs within the view or multiple views?
- Terminal View will reside in TM - tabs within the view (for different connections) (multiple views are also available?)
- Terminal view vs. Console view - Doug is looking at combining.
- Connections view (Doug) - in addition to preference page, connections info can be viewed and changed here.
- Resource browser - may? also be added. PTP has one in a dialog (remote resource browser)
EclipseCon (Hyatt San Francisco Airport, March 9-12, 2015 https://www.eclipsecon.org/na2015/)
- Wyatt has a talk on Performance Analysis
- Greg is hoping to attend too.
- CDT Summit is at EclipseCon too - Monday March 9
Next meeting TBD, probably in a few months, as needed (watch ptp-dev mailing list)
Parallel Package Downloads
Download numbers, by month, of 'Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers' available on http://eclipse.org/downloads. Each release (e.g. R,SR1,SR2) the counts are set to 0 and restarted.
|Indigo SR1||thru Feb 2012||40,298|
|Indigo SR2||thru June 2012||64,860|
|Juno||(4 days!) June 2012||902||902|
|Juno SR1||September 2012||5346||5346|
|Juno SR1||October 2012||65,353||70,699|
|Juno SR1||November 2012||58,796||129,495|
|Juno SR1||December 2012||57,811||187,306|
|Juno SR1||January 2013||63,350||250,656|
|Juno SR1||February 2013||39,877||290,533|
|Juno SR2||March 2013||41,367||41,367|
|Juno SR2||April 2013||36,372||77,739|
|Juno SR2||May 2013||28,575||106,316|
|Juno SR2||June 2013||22,521||128,853|
|Kepler R||(5 days) June 2013||4003||4003|
|Kepler R||July 2013||26,070||30,073|
|Kepler R||August 2013||26,732||56,805|
|Kepler R||September 2013||28,751||85,556|
|Kepler SR1||(4 days) Sept 2013||4670||4670|
|Kepler SR1||October 2013||40,440||45,110|
|Kepler SR1||November 2013||48,723||93,833|
|Kepler SR1||December 2013||39,648||133,481|
|Kepler SR1||January 2014||36,085||169,566|
|Kepler SR1||February 2014||39,193||208,759|
|Kepler SR2||February 2014||1189||1189|
|Kepler SR2||March 2014||57,038||58,227|
|Kepler SR2||April 2014||52,080||110,307|
|Kepler SR2||May 2014||41,033||151,340|
|Kepler SR2||June 2014||40,553||191,893|
|Luna R||(6 days) June 2014||7554||7554|
|Luna R||July 2014||60816||68370|
|Luna R||August 2014||60008||92015|
|Luna R||Sept 2014||56468||184846|
|Luna SR1||(5 days) Sept 2014||8979||8979|
|Luna SR1||Oct 2014||62365||71344|
|Luna SR1||Nov 2014||47232||118576|
|Luna SR1||Dec 2014||18940||137516|
|Luna SR1+SR1a||Jan 2015||21996||159512|
|Luna SR1+SR1a||Feb* 2015||6945||168528|
Feb* downloads as of Feb 10