PTP/PTP User Meetings
PTP Monthly User Meetings
To provide more opportunities for PTP Users (new and experienced) to ask questions of the PTP developers, find out about an interesting PTP "Topic of the Month" and find out what's coming in future PTP releases,
Schedule: Monthly call for PTP Users - 4th Wednesday of each month, 2:00 PM ET.
- Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 2:00 PM ET
- Topic: Installing PTP, both client (Eclipse parts) and remote server parts.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 2:00PM ET
- Topic: Remote build and run
- SORRY FOR THE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES we will convene again next month.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 2:00 PM ET
- Topic: Remote build and run
- Note: we used Eclipse 3.6.2, and PTP 4.0.6 as the basis for the session; installation instructions are at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/4.0. Also, the corresponding "proxy" code is available at http://eclipse.org/ptp/ptp_rdt_download.php?parameter=16%20Feb,helios,I201102161000,4.0.6
- Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 2PM ET - CALL CANCELLED
- We regretfully must cancel the April call, due to conflicts and an enormous effort going into PTP 5.0. We will try again in May
- Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 2PM ET
- We will start the discussion with a demonstration of capabilities in Photran by Jeff Overbey of the University of Illinois.
- Recording (starts 20 minutes into the presentation)
- Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 2PM ET
- Overview of new configurable Resource Manager by Al Rossi of the University of Illinois (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/resource-managers#Configuring.2FCustomizing_the_Resource_Manager)
- Recording (content starts roughly 5 minutes into the recording)
- Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2PM ET
- Overview of new synchronized project capability by John Eblen and Roland Schulz
- Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 9AM ET-6PM ET - Parallel Tools User Workshop
- we are hosting our Parallel Tools User Workshop on readytalk (see below), feel free to participate as much as you can. We will have a tutorial in the morning, followed by an opportunity for user presentations/discussions on what you would like to accomplish with Eclipse Parallel Tools!
- this replaces our normal user call on August 24, 2011
- Wednesday, Sept 28, 2011, 1PM ET/12 PM CT (Note new time!)
- We will have an overview of the latest version of the synchronized project capability, by John Eblen and Roland Schulz, which now works with source repositories, as of Eclipse 3.7SR1.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 1PM ET/12 PM CT
- We have a discussion based on issues our users have raised -
- Note: November 16 SC11 BOF Slides from the SC11 BOF / User meeting in Seattle
- Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 1PM ET/12 PM CT
- CANCELLED See you in the New Year
- Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 1PM ET/12 PM CT
- Recap of SC11, Eclipse PTP future developments
- Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 1PM ET/12 PM CT
- Galen Arnold (NCSA) will demonstrate how to use gprof and gcov on an MPI program with the Eclipse Linux Tools and PTP. (Details)
Please suggest topics for our calls (post to ptp-user, or to this page)
Note: if you have questions on getting started with PTP, please don't hesitate to ask on the ptp-user mailing list.
NEW dialing instructions:
Step 1: Dial-In
U.S. & Canada: 866.740.1260
Access Code: 2444696
Step 2: Web Login: access http://www.readytalk.com, and enter Access Code 2444696
Please note: Our conference software relys on Adobe Flash to display the web content. Please test your computer (at http://test.readytalk.com) for compatibility prior to the meeting. Please also note that some distributions of linux (Fedora Core 12, for instance) may not have Flash enabled by default, if so, please follow these steps to enable Flash on your system:
[root@rail Download]# ls
[root@rail Download]# tar xzvf flashplayer10_2_p3_64bit_linux_111710.tar.gz
[root@rail Download]# mv libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
[root@rail Download]# /usr/lib64/nspluginwrapper/npconfig -i /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so