PHP WTP Integration
PHP IDE project is based on WTP project in terms of architecture using the Eclipse plugin mechanism. Many of the features in PHP IDE are free from the WTP and others depend on WTP features.
- Editor - PHP IDE editor is based on WTP editor and by that get for free syntax highligthing and code assist of HTML code. The structure of the editor is as XML editor and is breaked into XML elements. The PHP section is another XML element inside the WTP/XML editor.
- Outline - PHP IDE outline provides two layouts of outlines. One is the HTML outline which provides structure view of the HTML code and the second layout is PHP layout which includes the different PHP elements in group structure of classes, functions, constants and includes files.
- Server - WTP provides support for defining new server and using it for running or debugging purposes. PHP IDE integrared with Server infrastructure at the begining of PHP IDE but this caused for multiple problems and the continuos of the integration.
Here are some of the problems:
- GUI didn't support different servers like IIS
- There was no easy way to add more server details or to integrate into the server definition GUI
- Server didn't support remote server integration
- (Feel free to add more reasons)