The page is under construction by email@example.com.
Please send comments about this plan to the eclipse.tools.pdt newsgroup.
The scope of PDT is to provide the best PHP development tools framework for the PHP community by providing strong editing capabilities, PHP inspection and debug functionality. These three elements are the key for efficient and smart PHP development. The goals is to take advantage of the already existing features in the WTP project for HTML and focus on the PHP part.
- Eclipse: 3.3 and 3.4 Milestones (only latest milestone supported at time of release)
- Java: JRE 5.0 or later required
- Operating Systems: all supported by Eclipse
Feature List Candidates
- Mark occurrences
- Support magic functions
- override annotation
- Spell checking
- Build time improvements
- Quick outline (ctrl+O in the Java editor)
- Syntax highlighting improvements
- Code folding improvements and for if/else/while/switch folding
- PHP 6/5.3 support
- Support line/word wrapping ("snake" the text instead of scrollbar)
- Create a Type hierarchy view for PHP classes
- Create a Call hierarchy view for PHP functions and methods
- Formatting - comments, multiple files, customizable
- Generate constructor
- Surround with try catch
- Show variables for every entry in the stack trace
- PHP debugging extensibility and PHP executable customization
See also the older (out of date?) PDT 1.5 Features Proposal.
DEV 2 QA
- Mark Occurrences - http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/c/c2/MarkOccurrences_%28Dev2QA%29.pdf
- Override Indicators - http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/5/55/Editor%27s_Override_Indicators_%28Dev2QA%29.pdf
- Type Hierarchy - http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/2/2d/Type_Hierarchy_%28Dev2QA%29.pdf