This page will be used to collect comments about PDE and our development process that were noticed during 3.6. What did we do well? What could be better? What should we do next release?
Coding Best Practices
- If you write new core/model/non-UI code, write tests for it
- If you create any kind of UI make sure it has a help topic. Also ensure that you create the help topic(s) at the time the UI is created. DO NOT leave it until the doc pass at the end of the release. At a minimum, create a doc bug so that we can plan to fix it during the RC builds.
- Only mark a bug with a specific target milestone if you seriously plan on fixing it during that milestone
- Planning in 3.6 was a huge improvement over 3.5. Wiki plan was easy to update, gave overall feel of progress. Weekly meetings were short but effective.
- Several patches from the community were ignored due to time constraints. Other patches were committed without enough review.