Welcome to the Declarative Service (DS) Tooling Wiki Page.
The Declarative Services (or "DS") specification is one of the newest parts of OSGi, it uses a XML file to encapsulate all service registration code. This proposed application is about to develop an OSGi Declarative Service Tooling to improve development productivity. An UI based tool will let you focus on the application logic of your code.
Declarative Services Tooling can encourage new developers to use OSGi technology (specifically Declarative Service). As a new functionality, an Editor will help to create and maintain all component registration code easier. This feature is very important for component reuse developers, who will concentrate on their services, instead of OSGi Framework code. Moreover, implementation of such add-in will increase the OSGi popularity due to a simplification on OSGi component development.
This component was part of the Google Summer of Code 2008
- Chris Aniszczyk
- Rafael Oliveira Nóbrega
- Provide a Text Model for DS Files
- Provide a UI Editor for the Text Model
- Develop a Wizard for DS Files
- Develop a code completion assistance for DS Source Page
- Develop a pop-up when hovering over xml elements and attributes
- Create an error reporter for DS Files
- Create Javadoc for classes and interfaces
- Create unit tests
- Create a DS Simplified Page
Feel free to add your comments and ideas.
Getting the source
Here is the team project set to get PDE.DS source code.