PDE/Build builds plug-ins. It is used behind the scenes during export, and it is used for automated headless builds. The purpose of this page is to answer some of the commond questions that arise.
Java source level problems during Export
- I set my compliance levels, why doesn't it work?
- How do I Compile against arbitrary JDKs?
PDE/UI performs the export by using PDE/Build to generate build scripts. PDE/Build does not know anything about the Java Builder settings in your workspace or on your project. Your plug-in's manifest.mf and build.properties files are the input to PDE/Build. See this page for specifics on controlling the compilation environment for your plug-in.
The properties specifying the locations of the JDKs to compile against are automatically set during export by PDE/UI based on your installed JREs: Preferences->Java->Installed JREs->Execution Environment.
So, to set your compilation environment:
- Setup your installed JREs in your preferences.
- Set your Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment in your manifest.
- or set jre.compilation.profile in your build.properties
- or set javacSource, javacTarget in your build.properties
Bugs: If you are using .qualifier in your bundle's version, see bug 153778.
12:23, 11 October 2006 (EDT)Special:Contributions/Aniefer.ca.ibm.com