This page explains the steps necessary to get set up for self-hosting on orion.eclipse.org. This server is being used by the Orion committers to work on Orion itself. Non-committers can follow these steps too, but must use the OrionHub server instead.
- Log into orion.eclipse.org.
- Go to your user profile page. Enter your committer email and name in the Git section and save. This is important to do first so that Git commits are made using your committer username and can therefore be pushed back to git.eclipse.org.
- Click on Repositories in the top banner, then click Clone Repository in the toolbar. In the URL field, enter
- For committers: ssh://myCommitterId@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/e4/org.eclipse.orion.client.git (replacing your committer id, of course).
- For non-committers: http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/e4/org.eclipse.orion.client.git or git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/e4/org.eclipse.orion.client.git .
- You'll see a confirmation dialog asking you to accept the server's RSA key. Click Yes.
- Next a prompt will appear asking for credentials.
- Non-committers: just click OK.
- Committers: enter your eclipse.org account name and ssh password, then click OK.
- Wait for a moment while the repository is cloned. The toolbar area will let you know when it's done.
- Go back to the Navigator, and verify that a new folder was created called org.eclipse.orion.client, and that it contains the Orion client code.
- Click on the Sites link in the header, and create a new site configuration. Enter any name. On the page for the site configuration, click on the Add… button and then while holding the Shift key, select org.eclipse.orion.client from the menu that appears. This hidden feature will create the necessary entries for self-hosting.
- Start the site configuration by clicking on "Start" in the toolbar.
- Now you can log into your new instance :-)
While working on Orion, you may want to install some additional plugins. You can use the links below.