Revision as of 19:11, 19 May 2011 by Boris Bokowski.ca.ibm.com (New page: This page explains the steps necessary to get set up for self-hosting on [http://orion.eclipse.org orion.eclipse.org]. This server is being used by the Orion committers to work on Orion it...)
This page explains the steps necessary to get set up for self-hosting on orion.eclipse.org. This server is being used by the Orion committers to work on Orion itself.
- Log into boris.orion.eclipse.org:8080. Reload three times to get the links in the header. (three times? you must be kidding me!)
[The reason for logging into Orion at the subdomain is because the user profile page at orion.eclipse.org itself is broken.]
- Go to your user profile page. Enter your committer email and name at the bottom and save. This is important to do first so that Git commits are made using your username so that they can be pushed back to git.eclipse.org.
- I haven't tried the below in the inner, so log out of boris.orion.eclipse.org and log into orion.eclipse.org. You may have to clear local storage and reload three times again. (seriously? you gotta be kidding again!)
- Go to the navigator and create a new top-level folder called orion-client. Hover over the link for the folder, or click on it, to find out its internal name (something like "/file/x").
- Click on "Repositories" in the header, then on "Clone" in the toolbar. In the first field, enter ssh://myCommitterId@git.eclipse.org/gitroot/e4/org.eclipse.orion.client.git (replacing your committer id of course), and in the second field, enter /file/x, replacing x with the internal name of the folder you created. (internal name of the folder? why must this be so hard?)
- You will get a prompt asking you for your eclipse.org account name and ssh password. The toolbar area will let you know when the clone is done.
- Go back to the Navigator, and confirm that the repository has been cloned properly.
- Log out and log back into boris.orion.eclipse.org:8080. Creating the site configuration is another thing that had a bug on orion.eclipse.org that is fixed in the inner.
- Click on the "Sites" link in the header, and create a new site configuration. Enter any name. On the page for the site configuration, click on the dropdown and then while holding the Shift key select the top-level folder that you just cloned into. This hidden feature will create the necessary entries for self-hosting.
- Start the site configuration by clicking on "Start" in the toolbar.
- Now you can log into your own instance :-)