Orion/Running the tests
Running a test
- Tests are located under the
- A test is defined by an HTML file, typically named
- To run a test, load its
test.htmlfile in your browser. (Example:
- Set up your Eclipse IDE as explained in Orion/Getting the source.
- Make sure you have imported the test projects into your workspace, and they're open:
- The test projects have additional dependencies over the rest of the Orion source code. The next 3 steps explain how to satisfy them.
- Add the plugins from your Eclipse SDK to your target platform:
- Now we will checkout the remaining test dependencies from CVS. Download this file:
- In your Eclipse IDE, go to File -> Import -> Team -> Team Project Set, select OrionServerTestDependencies.psf, and click Finish.
- At this point you should have no Java compilation errors. You can now run the tests.
Manually checking out the dependent projects
If the previous section fails for some reason, here's the list of projects from the .psf file. You can check them out manually if need be.
Projects from the Eclipse Platform CVS repository (
Projects from the Orbit CVS repository (
- javax.mail.glassfish (Branch v1_4_1)
- org.antlr.runtime (Branch v3_2_0)
- org.hamcrest.core (Branch v1_1)
- org.junit (Branch v3_8_2)
- org.junit4 (Branch v4_8_2)
- Go to the org.eclipse.orion.server.tests project.
- Open the launchConfigurations folder, right-click All Server Tests.launch and choose Run As > All Server Tests.
- The JUnit view will open and display the test results.
To run just a subset of the tests, edit the launch configuration (Run > Run Configurations).