Orion Planning Summit
Help chart the future of the Orion open source project. This meeting will bring together individuals and organizations that are interested in the future of the Orion open source project. We want to build a community of adopters and committers, so if you have a passion for better web tools, plan to attend.
Date and Location
March 17 (starting at 1pmPT) to March 18 (finish at 4pmPT)
3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA
The goal of this meeting is to produce a project proposal to start a separate project for Orion at eclipse.org. The project proposal will determine the initial committers of the project.
We are also very happy Ben Galbraith and Dion Almaer will be able to present to the group on what they have learned and what they would like to see in a modern Web tool platform. Ben and Dion have a ton of experience in this area so we are glad to have their participation.
We can circulate draft versions of the project proposal on the mailing list beforehand. We would like to use the meeting to socialize and get to know each other, form a consensus around scope and direction for Orion, and dive into some initial technical discussions around the various work areas.
The concrete agenda is TBD based on the work areas and the participants who show up for the meeting.
In no particular order. Please add new work areas you'd be willing to work on as appropriate.
|Server||Boris Bokowski, John Arthorne, Bernd Kolb|
|Code Editor||Boris Bokowski|
|Mobile||Paul Beusterien, Eric Cloninger|
We invite anyone who has a serious interest in Orion to attend this meeting. A goal of Orion is to develop a strong community of adopters and contributors, so if you have a passion for better web tools we want your participation.
If you do plan on attending you must register, we need this so that we can organize a big enough meeting room. Please add your name, affiliation, and why you are interested in attending.
- Ian Skerrett, Eclipse Foundation
- Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation
- Boris Bokowski, IBM, co-leading the Orion effort at IBM, with focus on the vision, the overall architecture and the client-side experience.
- Paul Beusterien, MDS, Contribute to Orion meeting the needs of mobile device developers
- Simon Kaegi, IBM, co-leading the Orion effort at IBM, with focus on project planning and component architecture details.
- John Arthorne, IBM, leading development of the Orion server
- John J. Barton, IBM, Firebug integration
- Eric Barroca, Nuxeo, investigating the use of Orion as a base for a "online dev environment" for Nuxeo's platform (as part as Nuxeo Studio)
- Jon Ferraiolo, IBM, potential technology adopter
- Kai Tödter, Siemens AG, investigating the potential of Orion for Siemens
- Bernd Kolb, SAP AG, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Karsten Schmidt, SAP AG, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Dave Johnson, Nitobi, investigating the potential of Orion for Nitobi / PhoneGap
- Susan McCourt, IBM, focusing on client-side development and UX
- Jochen Krause, EclipseSource, investigating the potential of Orion for EclipseSource; arriving Thursday afternoon
- Eric Cloninger, Motorola Mobility, Potential for Orion for enabling rapid and cross-mobile development
- John Thomas, RIM
- Padmashree B, SAP Labs India, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Ben Galbraith, Set Direction, what we learned and what we would like to see in Web tools
- Dion Almaer, Set Direction, what we learned and what we would like to see in Web tools
- Gary Mazo, IBM, potential technology adoption
- Venkat Balabhadrapatruni, IBM, potential technology adoption