Difference between revisions of "Orion/Planning Meeting"
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
* Security issues
* Security issues
* Browser compatibility
* Browser compatibility
Revision as of 16:20, 18 March 2011
Orion Planning Summit
Help chart the future of the Orion open source project. This meeting will bring together individuals and organizations that are interested in the future of the Orion open source project. We want to build a community of adopters and committers, so if you have a passion for better web tools, plan to attend.
Date and Location
March 17 (starting at 1pmPT) to March 18 (finish at 4pmPT)
3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA
Thursday, March 17
|1:15-2:00||Orion Overview - Boris Bokowksi|
|2:00-2:45||What we learned and would like to see in Web tools - Ben Galbraith and Dion Almaer|
|3:00-4:30|| How would you like to use Orion? What are your Web tooling requirements? (10-15 minutes each)
|4:30-5:00||Architecture Overview - Simon Kaegi|
|5:00-6:30||Discussion and Beers (Hosted by SAP)|
Friday, March 18 8:30am
|9:00-12:00|| Deep Dives (Potential Topic Areas)
|1:00-2:30||Deep Dives (Continued)|
|2:30-4:00|| Eclipse Project Proposal Discussion
In no particular order. Please add new work areas you'd be willing to work on as appropriate.
|Client||Boris Bokowski, Simon Kaegi|
|Server||Boris Bokowski, John Arthorne, Bernd Kolb|
|Authorization/Authentication||John Arthorne, Simon Kaegi|
|Code Editor||Boris Bokowski|
|Mobile||Paul Beusterien, Eric Cloninger|
We invite anyone who has a serious interest in Orion to attend this meeting. A goal of Orion is to develop a strong community of adopters and contributors, so if you have a passion for better web tools we want your participation.
If you do plan on attending you must register, we need this so that we can organize a big enough meeting room. Please add your name, affiliation, and why you are interested in attending.
- Ian Skerrett, Eclipse Foundation
- Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation
- Boris Bokowski, IBM, co-leading the Orion effort at IBM, with focus on the vision, the overall architecture and the client-side experience.
- Paul Beusterien, MDS, Contribute to Orion meeting the needs of mobile device developers
- Simon Kaegi, IBM, co-leading the Orion effort at IBM, with focus on project planning and component architecture details.
- John Arthorne, IBM, leading development of the Orion server
- John J. Barton, IBM, Firebug integration
- Eric Barroca, Nuxeo, investigating the use of Orion as a base for a "online dev environment" for Nuxeo's platform (as part as Nuxeo Studio)
- Jon Ferraiolo, IBM, potential technology adopter
- Kai Tödter, Siemens AG, investigating the potential of Orion for Siemens
- Bernd Kolb, SAP AG, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Karsten Schmidt, SAP AG, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Borislav Kapukaranov, SAP AG, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Dave Johnson, Nitobi, investigating the potential of Orion for Nitobi / PhoneGap
- Susan McCourt, IBM, focusing on client-side development and UX
- Jochen Krause, EclipseSource, investigating the potential of Orion for EclipseSource; arriving Thursday afternoon
- Peter van der Linden, Motorola Mobility, alternate for Eric Cloniger
- John Thomas, RIM
- Padmashree B, SAP Labs India, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Ben Galbraith, Set Direction, what we learned and what we would like to see in Web tools
- Dion Almaer, Set Direction, what we learned and what we would like to see in Web tools
- Gary Mazo, IBM, potential technology adoption
- Venkat Balabhadrapatruni, IBM, potential technology adoption
- Jas Sandhu, Microsoft Interoperability Strategy, exploring
- Peter Muessig, SAP AG, investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Kevin Dangoor, Mozilla, figuring out how the browser and its tools can work with Orion
- Kevin Sawicki, GitHub, investigating the potential of Orion for GitHub
- Matt McNulty, HP/Palm
- Eugene Ostroukhov, Nokia
- Larry Cable, SAP Labs LLC. investigating the potential of Orion for SAP
- Xiaofeng Guo, Google, take a look at the tour and try to understand how Orion works.