This document is a place to brainstorm about what we want to do in 0.5.
The official plan document is here.
Most of the work in Orion should fall under some agreed upon themes for the release. This is a working list of ideas. If some themes can be coalesced into others that is fine. To start this is a fairly large list which needs to be prioritized.
- Parsers, Languages, Highlighting, Refactoring, etc.
- +1 for Python
- 3rd Party Libraries existing upgrades and new libraries.
- dojo 1.7 requires testing/removing workarounds
- Localization (i18N)
- Additional File Systems
- Plugin Model and Architecture for describing, identifying, discovering and installing
- Support catalogs via a feed as well as page redirection
- Internationalization strategy for plugins
- Editor - bidi
- URI Templates
- Command line console bug 369608 [Kris]
- Access to server logs and stacktraces bug 372034
- Generic mechanism for cross page communication bug 372045
- Sequenced tasks
- Visual plugin, delegated content, and shell services (see wiki discussion) bug 372914
- Propagating markers from an out of client build back to Orion editor
- Workflows, URI Template usage across sites
- Improve workflow for accepting contributions from github bug 369591 [Szymon]
- Integrate with GitHub and Gerrit review flow bug 372486
- Mobile experience
- Landing page (deferred from .4)
- Unify look & feel of all Git pages [Szymon, Libing]
- Unify/formalize use of section outliners, section replacement [Susan, Szymon, Anton] bug 368848
- Improve progress reporting bug 371261
- Improve file uploads - for single files as well as zips and native drag and drop bug 335890 [ John, Jay, Anton ]
- Open up a group of files that you were working on bug 373290
- Orion to restore itself to the last state you left in in when you last logged in ( files you were working on open in tabs etc )
- Improve build capabilities to remove reliance on shell access bug 348575 [John]
- testing infrastructure
- page level verification
Git support [Tomek]
- Support for Git Stash
- Git CLI bug 369608
- Add git merge --squash bug 351432
- Git submodule support bug 361909
- Deployment Scenario - Orion living on my website ( e.g HostMonster ). bug 373374