This document is a place to brainstorm about what we want to do in 0.4.
See the official plan document [eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/orion/plans/orion-project-plan-0-4.xml here].
Most of the work in Orion should fall under some agreed upon themes for the release. This is a working list of ideas. If some themes can be coalesced into others that is fine. To start this is a fairly large list which needs to be prioritized.
- Need a parser that can handle errors [Mark, Jay]
- Investigate CodeMirror modes support for language highlighting within the editor [Mark]
- CSSLint a regular part of Orion CQ 5785 [John]
- Initial Browser debug communication and injection to handle console commands from Orion [Grant, Mike]
- Update our 3rd party libraries including DoJo, RequireJS, JSDoc [Simon, John]
- Closer alignment with OSGi services [Simon]
- Authentication integration with service registry [Simon, Gosia]
- Examine use of require.js and module granularity [Simon]
- Investigate approaches to localization support [Simon]
- Long running tasks bug 344148 bug 344012 [Susan, Gosia]
- Search and replace improvements bug 359739 bug 344200 bug 334709 bug 362827 [Libing, John]
- User access to preferences [Gosia]
- There is also the Editor items under consideration here Editor Items for 0.4
- User interface refresh and improved initial user experience [Susan, Ken]
- Improve Mobile UI experience bug 359875 bug 339427 bug 340615 bug 359567 [Susan, Silenio]
- Support patch workflow and improve branch management in Git bug 361425 bug 361909 bug 360472 bug 345397 bug 347066 bug 357787bug 359273 (blocked by bug 309355 in JGit) [Tomasz]
- Investigate approaches for deeper cross-site integration (delegated UI / bookmarklets) [Simon, Susan, Szymon]
- Identifying common tasks and providing better access to contextual movement bug 361003 bug 359277bug 349531 bug 360986 bug 360988 [Susan, Anton, Libing]
- Semantic URLs with relevant contextual information for the task bug 358769 bug 358767 bug 342739 [Susan, Simon]