Orion/Overview for Eclipse Committers
Welcome to Orion. This page will get you started with using the Orion server, hosted at http://orion.eclipse.org.
Logging into Orion
When you first attempt to access the Orion server, you'll be prompted for credentials. All Eclipse committers have been given an Orion id. Your user name is the email you have registered with the Eclipse Foundation. Your password <will be emailed???>. If you have any questions or your credentials are not working, contact <??????>
Working with Resources
In Orion, each user has a virtual "workspace" where they can work with various folders and files. These files are maintained on the Orion server. Please note that for the time being, data may be periodically deleted from the Orion server.
For demo purposes, we currently populate every user's workspace with two folders that contain some of the Orion client source code. Once you've successfully logged into Orion, you should see two folders:
- table view and tree view - why we have two
- creating folders and files (currently only create at child level, point to bug. Note we don't use the word project but there are projects underneath)
- how to get stuff in (import) - you must be below the root, you must choose a zip, point to bug about dead dialog
- how to get stuff out (export) - you must choose a zip
Basic text editing
- Cut, copy, paste
- Find, incremental find
- Undo, redo
- Your favorite text-editing features from Eclipse desktop (move up/down, copy up/down, go to line, etc.)
- Syntax highlighting
- Bracket matching
- Toggle comment, add block comment, remove block comment
- Auto indentation
- Show firebug letting you open an orion file
- Keyword-based content assist
- outlining based on id
Some words here to discuss that our focus has not been Java, etc.
- Global search
- Open resource
- Editor find and incremental search
- Searching without the client
Extending the Editor
- How to add editor actions
For more information
point to self hosting page,etc.