< Orion | Meeting minutes
Revision as of 15:42, 22 March 2012 by Mamacdon.ca.ibm.com (→Roundtable: link to s3 for anyone interested)
- Getting a build for EclipseCon. Thursday nights build is a candidate for this then.
- Kris - Nothing new to report.
- Susan - Finished up save remote file scenario. More shallow integrations such as chat viewer. Adding some unit tests.
- John - Supporting HTTP import for image stuff. Orion tutorial.
- Szymon - Mostly on EclipseCon tutorial. Had a call with Libing/Susan about git status and commit pages and making them unified in look and feel.
- Gosia - At a conference this week. Looking at localization. Have a good approach for core functionality and also looking at plugins especially for those that don't have Dojo.
- Tomasz - At a conference. Introduction to Orion was given. Was also working on Eclipse SDK work.
- Simon - Examples for tutorial. Independent page (markdown viewer) that can use the file system. Cleanup on core components, service registry, etc. Using the Pixlar plugin (in addition to HTML5 Slides) to edit resize images. (McQ) When we have lots of integrated things like this, how can a user get to a state where they can load a group of plugins. (Simon) Need for a live preview mode, have found this out while working on slides and markdown for EclipseCon.
- Max - Testing Desktop Eclipse accessibility
- Libing - Working on chardiff and worddiff. Annotation model to do the chardiff works well.
- Mark - Finished (for time being) for the S3 file system plugin. Security level is not optimal. (McQ) when are we going to use HTTPS. (John) orion.eclipse.org should be possible now. (Simon) what about mixed modes. (John) Spdy protocol only works on https so for mobile this is good. We should look at this. Also working on improvements in the site editor.
- Anton - Refactored code in settings. Also committed the drag/drop for file imports. (John) I think Jay needs to provide a patch still. Dabbled with Silenium, managed to clone a project, create a site, and test it. But it's difficult to use at the moment. Working on switching the settings to use the preferences service. Going to look at plugin's having settings.
- Silenio - Finished cleaning up base annotations. Way of registering annotation types. Fixed bugs in annotation model found working with search. Implemented API for search in the text module. Being used by find/replace code and soon by global search. We need to be able to share the buffer between plugins vs. the whole string. Can we share Objects? (Simon) no, it's not a pointer. (McQ) is there any way to say this is promoted so there can be limited action on things. (Simon) Restrictions on accessing the host page could be turned on but we don't want to do that right now. Is there some way the editor could acknowledge that certain plugins are capable of direct access or different access to the content. Answer is yes but not enabled at the moment.
- McQ - Looked at our CSS and was concerned about it. We still haven't put enough thought into how CSS is contributed and what we have grown is not the best it could be. There is so much of it.
- Grant - Holidays and Eclipse work
- Ken - On holidays