Orion/Manual Test Cases
This page contains some complex test cases that needs manual steps in Orion.
Resolve merge conflicts
The section describes how to resolve conflicts resulted from git merge , by using Orion git status and writable compare editor pages. Please note that the expected result from the test cases only applies in Orion M7. A better solution(3-way compare) will be addressed after M7 and the same steps will apply. There are 3 test cases in this section. The test cases assume that you have a remote Git repository and a cloned local Git repository. When both the repositories modify the same file at the same places , conflicts may happen during merge and manual modification is needed in Orion to resolve them. Before executing the test cases you need to do:
- In your server's local drive , find a folder and use Git Bash there.
- In Git bash , use "git init remote". This will create an empty git repository called remote.
- In git bash , use "git clone remote local".This will clone a git repository called local.
- In Orion , create two folders and link the full path of "remote" and "local" , respectively.
Both repository modified the same file
- In remote folder , create file1.txt and put content like below (the content is very simple just to address the pattern but you can add your variation if you think so)
line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 line6 line7
- In Orion navigator , click on [more]->[git status] from the remote folder action. This brings you to the git status page.
- In git status page , stage file1.txt and commit it.
- Come back to navigator page , click on [more]->[git remote] from the local folder action