Orion/How Tos/Installing A Plugin
This page explains how an end-user can install third-party functionality so that it is available to the Orion editor.
Install using Registry Page
- If your server runs on orionhub.org, go to http://www.orionhub.org/plugin/list.html.
- If your server runs on localhost, go to http://localhost:8080/plugin/list.html.
- This page shows all installed plugins. You'll see several plugins in the list already. These contribute some basic Orion functionality (for example, file support, Git, and JSLint).
- You should see a success message, and the the tree will refresh. It should now contain the new plugin.
- The plugins are currently installed using local storage, which means that they are only active in one browser. If you would like to remove an installed plugin:
- Select it in the tree
- Click the Copy Location button to put its URL into the text box
- Click Uninstall, then OK to the prompt.
- The plugin should disappear from the list.
Use installed functionality
- Installed plugins currently show up as actions in the editor toolbar.
- Click on the toolbar item to invoke the action. Some actions may have defined a key binding (which we don't display in the UI yet).
- Actions have access to the selected text in the editor, the complete editor buffer, and the current selection. As a result of invoking an action, the action can replace the current selection with a new text, change the complete editor buffer, and/or change the selection.
- If you have ideas for actions but need more or different API to implement it, please file a bug.