Orion/How Tos/Installing A Plugin
This page explains how an end-user can install third-party functionality so that it is available to the Orion editor.
Install using Registry Page
- If your server runs on orionhub.org, go to http://orionhub.org/view-registry.html.
- If your server runs on localhost, go to http://localhost:8080/view-registry.html.
- This page shows all installed plugins. JSLint may show up, this is a plug-in that the Orion code installs for you when opening the editor.
- The tree on the left should update, and should now contain the new plugin.
- The plugins are currently installed using local storage, which means that they are only active in one browser. If you would like to remove the installed plugins, click on the red X.
Use installed functionality
- Installed plugins currently show up as actions in the editor toolbar.
- Click on the toolbar item to invoke the action. Some actions may have defined a key binding (which we don't display in the UI yet).
- Actions have access to the selected text in the editor, the complete editor buffer, and the current selection. As a result of invoking an action, the action can replace the current selection with a new text, change the complete editor buffer, and/or change the selection.
- If you have ideas for actions but need more or different API to implement it, please file a bug.