Orion/How Tos/Install Orion Marketplace on Localhost
This page explains how to download, install, and run Orion Marketplace on your local machine.
- Download and install the current Node.js for your platform from .
- Pre-buit installers should contain NPM out of the box. If you decide to build from sources, you may want to use a build script. See, e. g. .
- Download and install Mongodb for your platform from .
- Clone Orion Marketplace sources from http://git.eclipse.org/c/orion/org.eclipse.orion.marketplace.git
- Depending on your platform, follow official mongodb installation guidelines: 
- Using the system console (or node.js command prompt in Windows) navigate to the location where you have cloned the Orion Marketplace sources. In order to install required external node.js modules, use
- If you provided a different database name than
orion-marketplaceor wish to alter some default server settings, open the
orion-marketplace.confconfiguration file and change the appropriate configuration entries.
Run the server
- Navigate to the server location and type
- The server should be running on http://localhost:3000