Orion/How Tos/Editor Build
- In order to make the Orion editor easier to consume, 2 new nightly builds have been introduced.
- One build is targeted at users who already use the RequireJS module loader.
- The other build is targeted at users who want to embed the editor without any other dependencies.
- The builds are identical in functionality and are available both minified and non-minified.
Getting the Build
- Users can grab the most recent editor code from the nightly builds or they can use the latest release available on the Orion editor web page.
- Users need to download (or directly link to) one type of build (either the RequireJS or standalone) and the common CSS file.
Nightly builds & Releases
- From the Orion build page, users can click on a nightly build or a release (starting with 2.0) and they will be presented with a page that now includes the built editor components:
- build-editor-amd.min.js and built-editor-amd.js are the minified and non-minified versions of the RequireJS build.
- built-editor.min.js and built-editor.js are the minified and non-minified versions of the standalone build.
- built-editor.css is the built css file and is needed by both builds.
Orion Editor web page
- The built editor files will also be available directly from the Orion editor web page releases section.
Using the Build
Using the standalone build
- These instructions are going to assume that you have downloaded the standalone build built-editor.min.js and css file to the same folder as the main html file (called test.html for this demo).