Orion/Documentation/User Guide/Tasks/Working with Git
< Orion | Documentation | User Guide
Revision as of 16:10, 17 October 2012 by Susan franklin.us.ibm.com
Working with Git
Cloning a Repository
- Go to the Repositories page
- Click Clone Repository in the tool bar.
- Type or paste in the URL for the repository in the prompt.
- By default, a folder will be created using the name of the Git repository. Press Enter or click Submit to get the default folder.
- Click the <More> button in the prompt if you wish to provide a different name or clone the repository into an already existing folder.
- Press the Esc key to cancel the clone if you change your mind.
- Go to the Git Status page
- Click on each change to compare the changes and stage them.
- Commit the staged changes to your repository.
Fetching and Merging from a Remote
You may fetch and merge from a remote from a number of different Orion pages.
- Go to the Repositories page and click the Pull icon.
- Go to the Repository detail page.
- Click Pull in the toolbar to pull (fetch and merge) the repository. Changes are merged into your active branch.
- Click Fetch in the Commits section to fetch the remote tracking branch for the current branch. Click Merge to merge with the local branch.
- Locate a particular branch in the Branches section and click Fetch to fetch that branch. Click Merge to merge with your active branch.
- Go to the Git Status page and click on the Fetch and Merge buttons shown in the Commits Area on the page.
- Go to the Git Log page for the remote branch and click on the Fetch and Merge buttons in the toolbar.