Orion/Documentation/User Guide/Tasks/Working with Git
< Orion | Documentation | User Guide
Revision as of 14:44, 17 October 2012 by Susan franklin.us.ibm.com
- 1 Working with Git
- 1.1 Cloning a Repository
- 1.2 Committing Changes
- 1.3 Fetching and Merging from a Remote
- 1.4 Pushing to a Remote
- 1.5 Working with Branches
- 1.6 Rebasing Changes
- 1.7 Making a Patch
- 1.8 Applying a Patch
- 1.9 Finding a Commit
- 1.10 Preparing a Code Contribution for Review
- 1.11 Reviewing a Code Contribution
- 1.12 Storing Credentials
- 1.13 Comparing Changes in the Repository History
Working with Git
Cloning a Repository
- Go to the Repositories page
- Click Clone Repository in the tool bar.
- Type or paste in the URL for the repository in the prompt.
- By default, a folder will be created using the name of the Git repository. Press Enter or click Submit to get the default folder.
- Click the <More> button in the prompt if you wish to provide a different name or clone the repository into an already existing folder.
- Press the Esc key to cancel the clone if you change your mind.