Orion/Documentation/User Guide/Reference/Navigator page
Commands that operate on selected files and folders in the list appear in the Actions menu in the tool bar. The New File and New Folder commands will operate on the selected folder, or on the root folder if there is no folder selected.
Some commands are also accessible using the keyboard. Type '?' to display a list of available commands:
When the Navigator is at the root of the file system, additional commands are shown in the outline bar to help you get started adding content to Orion.
Selecting folders and files
Select a file or folder by clicking or touching anywhere in that column, outside of the file name itself. Multi-selection depends on what form of input you are using:
- When using a mouse, use Ctrl+Click to add an item to the selection, or Shift+Click to select a range of files.
- On a tablet or touch display, touch a column once to select, and again to unselect. Touching another column will add that column to the selection.
- With a keyboard, use Up/Down arrows to move between columns, and Spacebar to select the current column. To add an item to the selection, hold down Ctrl while you navigate to the item, and press Spacebar to add it to the selection. using Shift+Up or Shift+Down to select a range of items.
Working with Favorites
The left hand side of the Navigator page shows a panel listing bookmarked links, referred to as Favorites in Orion. Click Make Favorite in the Actions menu to add any file or folder as a favorite. You can also save any web site address as a favorite by clicking the Add Favorite icon within the Favorites panel. Search results can also be marked as favorites from the Search Results page. Current favorites can be renamed and deleted by clicking the command icons that appear when you select any favorite in your list.
You can navigate through the listed files in the Navigator using your keyboard:
- To move the current row, use Up and Down arrow keys. You can also change the current row by clicking on the Date column of any row.
- To expand or collapse the current row, use Right and Left arrow keys.
- To toggle the check box of the current row, use the Space key.
- To select multiple rows, use Shift+Up/Down keys.
- To open a file or go to a folder in the same page, use Enter key.
- To open a file or go to a folder in a new tab, use Ctrl+Enter key.