Orbit Minutes 080129

From Eclipsepedia

Revision as of 12:22, 29 January 2008 by Dj houghton.ca.ibm.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Attendees

  • Chris Aniszczyk
  • Christian Damus
  • DJ Houghton
  • Simon Kaegi
  • Kim Moir
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • David Williams

Discussion

Bundle Version Naming

Chris has a case where there is a bundle that is a release candidate that he would like to release to Orbit. How should it be released? What should the branch be named? What should the bundle version be?

  • if we make it "qualifier_RC2" this would break PDE/Build
  • could use a CVS tag of "v20080129-RC2" but this is britle
  • decided that we will use "rc2_v20080129"
  • Action: Chris to update wiki with naming convention

Europa maintenance

Anyone need anything (in the form of an R-build, with small change)?

  • Action: DJ to send note to cross-project-dev mailing list asking if anyone has any requests

Eclipse 3.4 M5

The Eclipse Platform 3.4 M5 milestone is fast approaching. Are we ready?

Date to promote preliminary I-build: ?

Date to promote an S build for Ganymede M5 projects: ?

  • Christian has a minor fix to the Batik bundles
  • David has some Xerces/Xalan changes to make
  • will promote I-Build today and then Stable build on Monday
  • Action: David to promote I-Build today and Stable build on Monday
  • Action: DJ to send note to mailing lists reminding people about the dates

Source Bundles

The Platform is ready to consume the new format of source bundles. Changes are coming down the pipe in Orbit...

  • Action: DJ to release changes after the Ganymede milestone so we won't disrupt too much

"Uses" Clause in Bundle Manifests

There are currently some performance issues and some bugs in the resolver in the areas related to using the "uses" clause in bundle manifests. These issues will not be solved for the Eclipse Platform 3.4 so it is not recommended that bundles in Orbit use the "uses" clause for this release.

  • should PDE remove the "add uses clause" button from the editor?
  • Action: Tom to send note to mailing list describing the problems and recommending people not to use them for this release
  • Action: DJ to check to see who currently has uses clauses and to open bug reports again bundles

Other

  • Simon has new Jetty bundles to add - will wait until after Ganymede milestone
  • we support pre-built bundles (ICU, JCraft) - Action: DJ to update wiki
  • also state that pre-built bundles should be normalized so it can be compressed with pack200 (or at least put in the right files to avoid it)

Next Meeting

  • TBD