Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Orbit Minutes 071016"

(Discussion)
m (Maintenance Builds)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
  
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
* TBD
+
* Christian Damus
 +
* David Williams
 +
* Pascal Rapicault
 +
* Kim Moir
 +
* DJ Houghton
  
 
== Discussion ==
 
== Discussion ==
Line 23: Line 27:
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204361 Bug 204361] - Upgrade Xerces bundle to 2.9.1 (needs CQ)
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=204361 Bug 204361] - Upgrade Xerces bundle to 2.9.1 (needs CQ)
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=205682 Bug 205682] - Add Rhino 1.6R6 to Orbit (approved)
 
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=205682 Bug 205682] - Add Rhino 1.6R6 to Orbit (approved)
 +
 +
<font color="red">Action: DJ to go through bug reports and assign to proper owners.<br>
 +
Action: We should be releasing new bundles as they become available.</font>
 +
 +
As more bundles are added, there is more of a chance that there are problems with the bundle format/structure.
 +
* <font color="red">Action: DJ to re-enable tests in I-Builds</font>
  
 
===Bug Fixes===
 
===Bug Fixes===
Line 32: Line 42:
 
===Maintenance Builds===
 
===Maintenance Builds===
 
Are there any more known issues that will cause us to re-build from our 3.3.1 baseline?
 
Are there any more known issues that will cause us to re-build from our 3.3.1 baseline?
 +
* See org.w3c.dom.svg bug report above.
 +
* <font color="green">Action: Christian to release fix into Orbit I-Build and send note to BIRT mailing list asking their requirements.</font><br/>''Done: See bugzilla and [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/birt-dev/msg10014.html birt-dev thread]''
 +
 +
===Eclipse 3.4 M3===
 +
We are fast approaching the Eclipse 3.4 M3 release. We need to lock down n-1.
 +
* Will graduate build to stable on Oct 26
 +
* <font color="red">Action: DJ to send note to mailing list with dates for lock-down</font>
  
 
==Next Meeting==
 
==Next Meeting==

Latest revision as of 18:16, 16 October 2007

Attendees

  • Christian Damus
  • David Williams
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • Kim Moir
  • DJ Houghton

Discussion

New Bundles

There are some open bug reports about adding new bundles to Orbit:

Action: DJ to go through bug reports and assign to proper owners.
Action: We should be releasing new bundles as they become available.

As more bundles are added, there is more of a chance that there are problems with the bundle format/structure.

  • Action: DJ to re-enable tests in I-Builds

Bug Fixes

We have some open bug reports about errors in the Orbit bundles. (manifest errors, etc)

  • Bug 199577 - Questionable "requires" in Rhino
  • Bug 204932 - Derby: missing optional package imports javax.servlet
  • Bug 201376 - Update manifest for org.w3c.dom.svg

Maintenance Builds

Are there any more known issues that will cause us to re-build from our 3.3.1 baseline?

  • See org.w3c.dom.svg bug report above.
  • Action: Christian to release fix into Orbit I-Build and send note to BIRT mailing list asking their requirements.
    Done: See bugzilla and birt-dev thread

Eclipse 3.4 M3

We are fast approaching the Eclipse 3.4 M3 release. We need to lock down n-1.

  • Will graduate build to stable on Oct 26
  • Action: DJ to send note to mailing list with dates for lock-down

Next Meeting

  • TBD