Orbit Minutes 070724
- Call convened at 1000 EDT
- Client call setup: Asterisk Conference Calls
- Conf id: 8978
- PIN: 82713
- Back-up Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 892048#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 070626
Based on the results of the Orbit test suite, there are a bunch of failures because the bundles don't contain a manifest file. Further investigation shows that a manifest is there, but is of the wrong casing. (e.g. Mainfest.mf) When we look at CVS, the manifest looks ok so we need to determine where in the build process the problem occurs.
Do we want to try and make the GET URLs generated by Orbit be build-independent? That is, not have the build id in it so consumers don't always have to update their map files if there is a new Orbit build and their bundle didn't change? Some of the issues are described here: Orbit Bundle Layout.
Discussions surrounding Orbit R-Builds.
- when is the next r-build?
- how do we plan for this?
- same as regular project?
- branch releng project to europa_maintenance
- need to tag the map files for each build
- do we really need branches?
- create new map files? had because its based on what people consume
- how about new features? set1 is for europa, something new for maintenance, etc.
- thought from Pascal: have the build produce multiple map files, one for each consumer based on the info in the ip log file