Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Orbit Minutes 070626"

(Signing Bundles)
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 22: Line 22:
 
* some tests are currently fail because their manifest files aren't the right casing
 
* some tests are currently fail because their manifest files aren't the right casing
 
* people need to change manifest casing
 
* people need to change manifest casing
* <font color="blue">(Done - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=194650 bug 194650]) Action: DJ to enter bug against PDE to validate the casing</font>
+
* <font color="blue">Action: DJ to enter bug against PDE to validate the casing. (Done - [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=194650 bug 194650]) </font>
 
* <font color="red">Action: DJ to gather bundles which are failing and will send note to mailing list. </font>
 
* <font color="red">Action: DJ to gather bundles which are failing and will send note to mailing list. </font>
 
* We need to see if these are tested on Linux.
 
* We need to see if these are tested on Linux.
Line 33: Line 33:
 
* R-builds are really a packaging problem?
 
* R-builds are really a packaging problem?
 
* build it from a status file?
 
* build it from a status file?
* <font color="blue">(Done) Action: Chris to remove 2 new bundles from feature/map file until next week.</font>
+
* <font color="blue">Action: Chris to remove 2 new bundles from feature/map file until next week. (Done)</font>
  
 
===Conf Calls===
 
===Conf Calls===
Line 49: Line 49:
 
* orbit doesn't sign but always said we should
 
* orbit doesn't sign but always said we should
 
* probably a couple days or a weeks worth of work to modify build scripts
 
* probably a couple days or a weeks worth of work to modify build scripts
* <font color="blue">(Done) Action: David to send a note to cross-project warning people of potential problems.</font>
+
* <font color="blue">Action: David to send a note to cross-project warning people of potential problems. (Done)</font>
 
* only happens when you have people unzipping on top of a signed version
 
* only happens when you have people unzipping on top of a signed version
  

Latest revision as of 13:56, 27 June 2007

Attendees

  • Christian Damus
  • Joel Cayne
  • Jeff McAffer
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • DJ Houghton
  • Chris Aniszczyk
  • David Williams

Discussion

IP Log info

An IP Log is now generated with each build and is available from the download page.

  • The file is far from complete, please update with info for the bundles that you own.

Tests

We have also added a basic test suite which verifies the layout of bundles.

  • some tests are currently fail because their manifest files aren't the right casing
  • people need to change manifest casing
  • Action: DJ to enter bug against PDE to validate the casing. (Done - bug 194650)
  • Action: DJ to gather bundles which are failing and will send note to mailing list.
  • We need to see if these are tested on Linux.


New Bundles

Now that we have declared a "recommended" build, is it ok to start releasing new bundles to Orbit?

  • remove for this week
  • add nightly builds? requires separate streams
  • R-builds are really a packaging problem?
  • build it from a status file?
  • Action: Chris to remove 2 new bundles from feature/map file until next week. (Done)

Conf Calls

The Eclipse Foundation has a new infrastructure for conference calls. We should start using it for Orbit calls.

  • Action: Jeff to co-ordinate and send note with new info.

Bundle downloads

Do we want to try and make the GET URLs generated by Orbit be build-independent? That is, not have the build id in it so consumers don't always have to update their map files if there is a new Orbit build and their bundle didn't change?

  • Action: DJ to write wiki describing problems.

Signing Bundles

There are some problems with signed bundles because not all teams sign. (and Orbit doesn't)

  • e.g. platform signs but wtp doesn't sign - same bundle, same qualifier
  • signing is not a requirement for Europa
  • orbit doesn't sign but always said we should
  • probably a couple days or a weeks worth of work to modify build scripts
  • Action: David to send a note to cross-project warning people of potential problems. (Done)
  • only happens when you have people unzipping on top of a signed version

R-builds

Discussions surrounding Orbit R-Builds.

  • when is the next r-build?
  • how do we plan for this?
  • same as regular project?
  • branch releng project to europa_maintenance
  • need to tag the map files for each build
  • do we really need branches?
  • create new map files? had because its based on what people consume
  • how about new features? set1 is for europa, something new for maintenance, etc.
  • thought from Pascal: have the build produce multiple map files, one for each consumer based on the info in the ip log file

Next Meeting

July 24, 2007 at 1000 EDT, Agenda: Orbit Minutes 070724