Orbit Minutes 070612

From Eclipsepedia

Revision as of 14:36, 12 June 2007 by Dj houghton.ca.ibm.com (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Attendees

  • Joel Cayne
  • Hubert Leung
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • Kim Moir
  • DJ Houghton
  • Tom Watson
  • Christian Damus
  • David Williams

Discussion

Review action items from last call

IP Log info

DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)

  • Where should the file be generated?
  • Needs to be copied somewhere on the web site to a static URL so it can be referenced.
  • GMF creates it dynamically - see what they do
  • Action: DJ to put a link off the downloads page for now.

Xerces

Is there anymore work to be done here or are we done for now?

  • done for now

Build Promotion

When are we "done"?

  • does orbit have a "release"?
  • consumers want a stable build that doesn't go away
  • should we change the prefix to be R?
  • "release" has special meaning so might want to use something else (recommended, reproducible)
  • are we enforcing that everyone in Europa is using the same build? - unfortunately it is a "should" and not a "must"
  • how do we handle rebuilds from down-stream components? - re-build until ready
  • Action: David to change the build to R. (don't call release though).

Europa

Are we ready for Europa? What is left to do?

  • excluding JARs from being packed - bug 191868
  • Action: David following this bug to ensure closure before Orbit build promotion.
  • the old JCraft can't be consumed since it was signed but then an about.html was added
  • Note: there is no action to be taken with JCraft. Both 0.1.28 and 0.1.31 available from Orbit are ready to consume. (it was discussed in the meeting that the older version would be removed)
  • encourage people to include abouts in signed JARs and if they don't have them, then we will have to add them and re-sign the JARs
  • Action: DJ to create a checklist for pre-built bundles in Orbit.
  • Action: DJ to send note to cross-project-dev and orbit-dev lists telling them to verify build contents before promotion.
  • abouts have been updated - check your bundles in the latest build
  • have checking done by Wednesday noon EST, and then build will be promoted

Next Meeting

June 26, 2007 at 1000 EDT, Agenda: Orbit Minutes 070626