Orbit Minutes 070612
- Call convened at 1000 EDT
- Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 892048#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 070529
- Joel Cayne
- Hubert Leung
- Pascal Rapicault
- Kim Moir
- DJ Houghton
- Tom Watson
- Christian Damus
- David Williams
Review action items from last call
IP Log info
DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)
- Where should the file be generated?
- Needs to be copied somewhere on the web site to a static URL so it can be referenced.
- GMF creates it dynamically - see what they do
- Action: DJ to put a link off the downloads page for now.
Is there anymore work to be done here or are we done for now?
- done for now
When are we "done"?
- does orbit have a "release"?
- consumers want a stable build that doesn't go away
- should we change the prefix to be R?
- "release" has special meaning so might want to use something else (recommended, reproducible)
- are we enforcing that everyone in Europa is using the same build? - unfortunately it is a "should" and not a "must"
- how do we handle rebuilds from down-stream components? - re-build until ready
- change the build to R. (don't call release though)
Are we ready for Europa? What is left to do?
- excluding JARs from being packed - bug 191868
- the old JCraft can't be consumed since it was signed but then an about.html was added
- Action: DJ to remove jcraft 0.1.28 from Orbit (and send note to mailing list).
- encourage people to include abouts in signed JARs and if they don't have them, then we will have to add them and re-sign the JARs
- Action: DJ to create a checklist for pre-built bundles in Orbit.
- Action: DJ to send note to cross-project-dev and orbit-dev lists telling them to verify build contents before promotion.
- abouts have been updated - check your bundles in the latest build
- have checking done by Wednesday noon EST, and then build will be promoted