Difference between revisions of "Orbit Minutes 070529"
|Line 63:||Line 63:|
[http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=12&year=2007&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=188 June 12, 2007 at 1000 EDT], Agenda: [[Orbit Minutes
[http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=06&day=12&year=2007&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=188 June 12, 2007 at 1000 EDT], Agenda: [[Orbit Minutes ]]
Revision as of 10:51, 29 May 2007
- Call convened at 1000 EDT
- Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 892048#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 070515
- Hubert Leung
- David Williams
- Tom Watson
- Christian Damus
- Pascal Rapicault
- Jeff McAffer
- Simon Kaegi
- Kim Moir
- DJ Houghton
Review action items from last call
IP Log info
DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)
- no more progress
- make sure we have a generic tool - use with Equinox Bundles and others for instance
- people are gathering information for their own release reviews
- is this required for Europa? not a stop ship
David to give an update of where we are with splitting up the Xerces APIs bundle.
- have to be careful about releasing a bundle name and changing it later
- if they are combined, then we shouldn't name it something that we might want to split it out into later because that would cause problems for people who require bundle
- what about putting the API jars into Xerces and shipping it as one jar for now?
- David to talk to other Europa teams to ensure this won't break people
- do we really need to break the APIs into 3 bundles? (javax.xml, dom, sax)
Summary of source bundle events the past 2 weeks.
- Doc for submitted a source bundle - Orbit Source Bundles
- Ant script is there which does most of the conversion work
- Pascal created doc for adding to your build - Orbit Source Bundles In Your Build
- Problems when you import source bundles as source
- Shape of source bundles is fixed because of the way source look-up works
- Christian to update a new version of the script to the wiki
Jeff to summarize legal info discussions with the Foundation.
- Summary of discussions:
- if projects want to use something in orbit, they put in a CQ in orbit and one in their project.
- the one in orbit is the master (legal approval for the library).
- then any other project wanting to use that project, must enter a CQ.
- ip log info maintained in orbit
- tools-pmc responsible for review releasing the bundles
- delegated to projects using those bundles
- add to ip log which projects are using the bundle and its CQ
- about files to be attached to the Orbit CQ for the bundle and then foundation can sign off on them
- Still need to create a doc and flush out details.
Other Discussion Topics
- create source bundles
- start checking about files
- promote late Wednesday