Orbit Minutes 070515
- Call convened at 1000 EDT
- Call-in: 613.287.8000 or 866.362.7064, passcode 892048#
- Previous Meeting: Orbit Minutes 070424
- Christian Damus
- Hubert Leung
- Chris Aniszczyk
- Tom Watson
- Jeff McAffer
- Kim Moir
- Pascal Rapicault
- DJ Houghton
Review action items from last call
IP Log info
DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)
- Many IP Log files have been created by bundle owners
- Still some left to do
- Code is almost ready for integration into the build process.
- Action: DJ to integrate with build
David to give an update of where we are with splitting up the Xerces APIs bundle.
- David not present at call to give update.
Bugs Blocking Orbit
There are a few bugs in the platform which are serious enough to be blocking Orbit.
- 163746, 183608, 176183
- If we have 2 features that both include the same bundle and we install the features to 2 different extension locations, then when we start Eclipse and go to the Manage Configurations page there is automatically a red X on one of the features.
- This is not a regression from Callisto - problem existed in Eclipse 3.2
- Wasn't a blocker in Callisto so it is hard to argue that it is a blocker for Europa.
- Update Manager isn't currently being developed so it will be hard to get the necessary changes in.
- Its close to the release and the necessary changes are most likely not trivial so it will be hard to get approval for release.
- Therefore these bugs will not be fixed for Europa.
Other Discussion Topics
We are getting close to the Platform 3.3 release, do we anticipate many more changes in Orbit before then?
- We will promote a build to stable later this week so the Platform team can consume it.