Difference between revisions of "Orbit Minutes 070515"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(Source Bundles)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 41: Line 41:
  
 
====Source Bundles====
 
====Source Bundles====
 +
In Orbit we produce all these bundles but they don't have source and we don't want to include source in them all so we need a means of producing separate source bundles.
 +
* Pascal and DJ have been working to get this done.
 +
* Ant tasks and build changes have been identified.
 +
* Bundle providers will create nested source bundles with a specified format.
 +
* Pascal has written an Ant task to help create this format.
 +
* Wiki page ([[Orbit Source Bundles]]) will describe layout and process.
 +
* The Platform will have source bundles in RC1.
 +
* If they can't be produced as part of the Orbit build, then we will create them manually.
 +
* TPTP said they will be consuming source bundles for the next milestone.
  
 
====JCraft====
 
====JCraft====
 +
A new version of JCraft is ready for Orbit
 +
* <font color="red">Action: DJ to release new version</font>
 +
* The pre-built JAR is already signed but we're not sure by who
 +
* Michael is contacting the bundle provider for more info. (we also have tools which will tell us)
 +
* In Orbit we will not re-sign pre-built JARs.
  
===Legal====
+
====Legal====
 +
People are confused by Orbit and the legal process. What do they need to do to contribute a bundle to Orbit? What do they need to do to consume a bundle from Orbit?
 +
* Jeff has been talking to Janet to flush out the details.
 +
* Recommendation is that when people want to contribute and use a third-party library bundle, they enter a CQ for Orbit (master) and then one for their project (e.g. WTP).
 +
* The release review for the Orbit bundles will be delegated to the consumers of the bundles.
 +
* Need a new status: one for "ready to use" and one for "ready to release".
 +
* "ready to release" is set after feedback from the consumer. They say "we have looked at this bundle and the about files and believe it will pass our release review".
 +
* <font color="red">Action: Jeff to create wiki page for CQ related HOWTO information</font>
  
 
====Release====
 
====Release====

Latest revision as of 11:11, 15 May 2007

Contents

[edit] Attendees

  • Christian Damus
  • Hubert Leung
  • Chris Aniszczyk
  • Tom Watson
  • Jeff McAffer
  • Kim Moir
  • Pascal Rapicault
  • DJ Houghton

[edit] Discussion

[edit] Review action items from last call

[edit] IP Log info

DJ to give an update on Orbit IP Log info web page generation. (student project)

  • Many IP Log files have been created by bundle owners
  • Still some left to do
  • Code is almost ready for integration into the build process.
  • Action: DJ to integrate with build

[edit] Xerces

David to give an update of where we are with splitting up the Xerces APIs bundle.

  • David not present at call to give update.

[edit] Bugs Blocking Orbit

There are a few bugs in the platform which are serious enough to be blocking Orbit.

  • 163746, 183608, 176183
  • If we have 2 features that both include the same bundle and we install the features to 2 different extension locations, then when we start Eclipse and go to the Manage Configurations page there is automatically a red X on one of the features.
  • This is not a regression from Callisto - problem existed in Eclipse 3.2
  • Wasn't a blocker in Callisto so it is hard to argue that it is a blocker for Europa.
  • Update Manager isn't currently being developed so it will be hard to get the necessary changes in.
  • Its close to the release and the necessary changes are most likely not trivial so it will be hard to get approval for release.
  • Therefore these bugs will not be fixed for Europa.

[edit] Other Discussion Topics

[edit] Source Bundles

In Orbit we produce all these bundles but they don't have source and we don't want to include source in them all so we need a means of producing separate source bundles.

  • Pascal and DJ have been working to get this done.
  • Ant tasks and build changes have been identified.
  • Bundle providers will create nested source bundles with a specified format.
  • Pascal has written an Ant task to help create this format.
  • Wiki page (Orbit Source Bundles) will describe layout and process.
  • The Platform will have source bundles in RC1.
  • If they can't be produced as part of the Orbit build, then we will create them manually.
  • TPTP said they will be consuming source bundles for the next milestone.

[edit] JCraft

A new version of JCraft is ready for Orbit

  • Action: DJ to release new version
  • The pre-built JAR is already signed but we're not sure by who
  • Michael is contacting the bundle provider for more info. (we also have tools which will tell us)
  • In Orbit we will not re-sign pre-built JARs.

[edit] Legal

People are confused by Orbit and the legal process. What do they need to do to contribute a bundle to Orbit? What do they need to do to consume a bundle from Orbit?

  • Jeff has been talking to Janet to flush out the details.
  • Recommendation is that when people want to contribute and use a third-party library bundle, they enter a CQ for Orbit (master) and then one for their project (e.g. WTP).
  • The release review for the Orbit bundles will be delegated to the consumers of the bundles.
  • Need a new status: one for "ready to use" and one for "ready to release".
  • "ready to release" is set after feedback from the consumer. They say "we have looked at this bundle and the about files and believe it will pass our release review".
  • Action: Jeff to create wiki page for CQ related HOWTO information

[edit] Release

We are getting close to the Platform 3.3 release, do we anticipate many more changes in Orbit before then?

  • We will promote a build to stable later this week so the Platform team can consume it.

[edit] Next Meeting

May 29, 2007 at 1000 EDT, Agenda: Orbit Minutes 070529